HKCF advises Stadtwerke Lübeck on the establishment of the "TraveNetz" network

27.07.2020

On July 2, 2020, Stadtwerke Lübeck GmbH and HanseWerk AG announced the establishment of the "TraveNetz" network association.

In total, TraveNetz GmbH comprises 119 municipal electricity and gas grids. Within the scope of the foundation, 100 concession areas previously managed by Schleswig-Holstein Netz AG and HanseGas GmbH were transferred by HanseWerk AG to Netz Lübeck GmbH. With this substantial expansion of Netz Lübeck GmbH, the company was simultaneously renamed "TraveNetz GmbH".

In return, Schleswig-Holstein Netz AG receives a 25.1 % share in TraveNetz. The remaining 74.9 % is held by Stadtwerke Lübeck GmbH.

We, HKCF Corporate Finance GmbH in Cologne, acted as exclusive M&A advisor to Stadtwerke Lübeck GmbH throughout all phases of the successful cooperation project, including the areas of regulatory assessment and structuring. We had already successfully advised SÜWAG on the network cooperation Überlandwerk Mittelbaden in 2019.

With its approximately 500 employees, TraveNetz is a central infrastructure service provider for the offices of Bad Oldesloe-Land, Bargteheide-Land, Berkenthin, Lauenburgische Seen, Nordstormarn, Rehna, Sandesneben-Nusse and Schönberger Land as well as the municipalities of Kalkhorst, Ratekau and Stockelsdorf and the cities of Bad Schwartau, Hanseatic City of Lübeck and Reinfeld. Around 368,000 people are supplied via the electricity and gas networks of TraveNetz. This makes TraveNetz one of the largest energy network operators in Schleswig-Holstein.

The full report is available in German on our website.

Contact:

Dr. Frank Karbenn
+49 221 8002-7424
frank.karbenn@hkcf.de

HKCF advises Stadtwerke Lübeck on the establishment of the